3DExperienceWorld 2024

rodface
Answers: 0

3DExperienceWorld 2024

Unread post by rodface »

Is anyone planning to attend?

Disappointed to learn that there will evidently be no hybrid or virtual attendance, in-person only.

The most recent Autodesk and PTC conferences had their content available live or shortly after the presentations, and were available behind a free registration.

In-person attendance was already of questionable value to me, and 3DS seems to think the conference should primarily be a platform for marketing their 3DX offerings.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: 3DExperienceWorld 2024

Unread post by AlexLachance »

rodface wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:33 am Is anyone planning to attend?

Disappointed to learn that there will evidently be no hybrid or virtual attendance, in-person only.

The most recent Autodesk and PTC conferences had their content available live or shortly after the presentations, and were available behind a free registration.

In-person attendance was already of questionable value to me, and 3DS seems to think the conference should primarily be a platform for marketing their 3DX offerings.
Ironic concidering how much they've been shoving the platform down people's throat.
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

Some content is going to be available online; https://blogs.solidworks.com/solidworks ... ually.html
rodface

Unread post by rodface »

Thank you, the event page did not appear to reference any webcasts but I may have missed it.
CarrieIves
Answers: 2

Unread post by CarrieIves »

They usually post all the break out sessions online sometime after the conference.

I am going to attend the expo portion because my VAR got me a pass to that and I'm local to the area.
Ryan-3DS

Unread post by Ryan-3DS »

I know I am a little late to the topic here but I was curious if anyone on this board used the Wiki in the Top 10 community forum. I did notice that Idea objects (light bulbs) are getting assigned 6Wtags but I am not able to search on those tags. That sucks. But I am not a "certified" 3Dswymer so there might be something I am missing when tyring to use the tags.
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Ryan-3DS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 pm I know I am a little late to the topic here but I was curious if anyone on this board used the Wiki in the Top 10 community forum. I did notice that Idea objects (light bulbs) are getting assigned 6Wtags but I am not able to search on those tags. That sucks. But I am not a "certified" 3Dswymer so there might be something I am missing when tyring to use the tags.
Hi Ryan, I have no intention of being uncharitable, so please don't take it that way, but I have no idea what you're talking about. As usual, The SWIM is a mystery.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

CarrieIves wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:46 pm They usually post all the break out sessions online sometime after the conference.

I am going to attend the expo portion because my VAR got me a pass to that and I'm local to the area.
I would have liked to go this year, since it's within driving distance, but my wife and I just got back from Belize and I didn't want to be off work again that quickly.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Ryan-3DS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 pm I know I am a little late to the topic here but I was curious if anyone on this board used the Wiki in the Top 10 community forum. I did notice that Idea objects (light bulbs) are getting assigned 6Wtags but I am not able to search on those tags. That sucks. But I am not a "certified" 3Dswymer so there might be something I am missing when tyring to use the tags.
Really? You can't get tags to work?
3dex-tag.jpg
~~~~
Ryan-3DS

Unread post by Ryan-3DS »

Oops..this was supposed to go under the Top 10 thread not in this one

@Uncle_Hairball Swym can be a challenge. But for what it's worth, in most Communities within Swym you have a Wiki area (green icon of open book). These areas can be configured to contain what structured content you want. But in many cases, the WIki has the "how to use" this community documentation.