Anchors on drawings

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Anchors on drawings

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

After some annoying doubt, if I did register this behaviour right:
In SolidWorks 2019, anchors of the different tables are set to the desired positions, and saved in the templates. If a second sheet is added, the anchors on the second sheet are still in the correct position.
In SolidWorks 2023, new templates are created, with the anchors set to the right position. First sheet shows the anchors correct, second sheet shows anchors in incorrect position.

Might be a new feature, but for me it is a bug. Can't find a setting that is involved.
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: Anchors on drawings

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I found out tody that 2023 forces the creation of a configuration table automatically. in 2022 it could be set disabled. no info in the what's new and the 2022 option is still in 2023 help file so they took away the setting and forgot to update the docs and did not tell us...
acmall
Answers: 0

Unread post by acmall »

It's been a while since I did any work on templates so my memory is a bit vague or things could have changed but, something to check is that there are drawing templates(.drwdot) and sheet formats(.slddrt). From memory for any sheets that you have in the drawing template the sheet format is saved internally so if you make changes to the sheet format they are saved with the template. If on the other hand you add a new sheet to a drawing it uses the externally saved sheet format.
mp3-250

Unread post by mp3-250 »

Btw I am recreating my templates at the moment I am going to check the anchors as well.

at the moment I am just comparing some 700+ document properties with API.
very nice they add things here and there making the comparison a lot of fun to do...

Have you noticed that saving your drawing standards to an external file and you customize something the standard is not blanked, but it stays selected like it was actually applied?
If you just reselect it from the drop down menu it does not overwrite your current settings, but you need to force a different standard (e.g. ISO JIS ASMEetc) and then RESELECT your custom file name from the drop down menu otherwise your settings stays customized and do not roll back. what a poor design!
and the same for the color profiles... you change one color and the applied color scheme is still selected in the drop down menu list (it should be blanked just to inform the user that the settings do not correspond to the selectable presets) leading you to think nothing is changed while it is. a good way to blow up your defaults...
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

mp3-250 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:06 am I found out tody that 2023 forces the creation of a configuration table automatically. in 2022 it could be set disabled. no info in the what's new and the 2022 option is still in 2023 help file so they took away the setting and forgot to update the docs and did not tell us...
Someone else did notice:
https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... B1BE25np9g
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Frank_Oostendorp wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 am After some annoying doubt, if I did register this behaviour right:
In SolidWorks 2019, anchors of the different tables are set to the desired positions, and saved in the templates. If a second sheet is added, the anchors on the second sheet are still in the correct position.
In SolidWorks 2023, new templates are created, with the anchors set to the right position. First sheet shows the anchors correct, second sheet shows anchors in incorrect position.

Might be a new feature, but for me it is a bug. Can't find a setting that is involved.
That's definetly a bug.
Frank_Oostendorp wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:55 am Someone else did notice:
https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... B1BE25np9g
I like how they mark it as an "enhancement request" and not a "f***-up on our part"
mp3-250

Unread post by mp3-250 »

it is called regression.
they probably missed to paste some source code from the
"2022 super final debugged version (for real)" folder to "2023 wip"... according to the help that option was supposed to be there, but we need to file an enhancement request apparently.
funny sw help states "it could affect performance" so I suspect it is a plain bug
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:25 am
I like how they mark it as an "enhancement request"
I'm sure in their ticketing system, Enhancement Requests have much lower urgency. (i.e. gets ignored unless you have Alin rallying the troops.)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Frank_Oostendorp wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 am After some annoying doubt, if I did register this behaviour right:

Anchors are stored in the sheet format, not the template.

So when you make the 2nd page, make sure you are selecting the same sheet format (or one that has the anchors stored)
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14