Drawing transparency in 2023 and 2024

mp3-250
Answers: 18

Drawing transparency in 2023 and 2024

Unread post by mp3-250 »

We received a mail from our VAR today about the transparency in dawings that is enabled by mistake in 2023 and 2024 even if the template is supposed set to off.

this kind of setting if ignored could show some odd lInes In your drawings as a transparent 3d component is handled as transparent also in the 2d.

at the moment this new feature introduced with 2023 has at least 3 bugs open and does not work properly.
if the transparency was enabled in future versions for the part file drawings as well we risk to open a drawing made with 2023 that would turn transparent if opened in future releases of SW. And it is likely the case as multibody parts have their use case for transparency in drawings as well and the checkbox is already in the view property.

the only alternatie until a fix is supposed to be released with sw2024 sp2 is to avoid our drawing templates and copy a drawing file instead or just change the transparency under document property after the drawing is created from the templates.

again we have to spend energy to avoid using a feature we did not asked for, it is not a standard way to represent drawings and its default breaks the legacy behavior in SW.

Sw should stop to enable new features by default inside the document properties (or inside pdm administration or everywhere else)
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Drawing transparency in 2023 and 2024

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I agree wholeheartedly that new options shouldn't be turned on by default, and I've been saying that loudly and often for years, but at least there's a way to turn it off so we aren't stuck with it.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Drawing transparency in 2023 and 2024

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Wanna either laugh or be a bit more angry at the thing? Mine's never checked! :lol: <()>