Auxiliary and section view arrows

mp3-250
Answers: 18

Auxiliary and section view arrows

Unread post by mp3-250 »

For our drawings we decided to make the section arrows and the short thick lines at the end of the cutting line they point at a bit thicker as the default at 0.18mm was confusing with dimensions and it was difficult to see. So I changed the font to 0.35 and the sections changed accordingly.
image.png
Now from the same document properties I tried to change the font thickness of the auxiliary view, but it seems to affect only the section line when the arrow is set to behave the same a a section view. The arrow font itself is not changing, so we have a thick section arrow and a the same arrow but thin for the aux views, which thickness cannot be changed?
image.png
Tried with SW2023 SP5.
SW has been around for almost 20 yrs and it is difficult to understand a basic setting like this was missing.
Am I doing it wrong?
by mp3-250 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:33 pm
Found the answer in the swamp: if the views are set to the layer -none- the arrow thickness is defauted to some general system options and do not follow the document properties...

As a reference for layers (https://www.goengineer.com/blog/use-lay ... s-drawings)
By default, you will have three choices:

-Per standard- will reference the document properties.
-None- is general and references the system options.
FORMAT is everything on the sheet format.
Go to full post
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: Auxiliary and section view arrows

Unread post by mp3-250 »

Found the answer in the swamp: if the views are set to the layer -none- the arrow thickness is defauted to some general system options and do not follow the document properties...

As a reference for layers (https://www.goengineer.com/blog/use-lay ... s-drawings)
By default, you will have three choices:

-Per standard- will reference the document properties.
-None- is general and references the system options.
FORMAT is everything on the sheet format.