PDM on Citrix

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
abhiramicg
Answers: 0

PDM on Citrix

Unread post by abhiramicg »

Hello all,
Our company likes to have all applications on Citrix as much as possible. So far Solidworks and our PDM standard setup have avoided that, but I know the day will come when we have to try the change. Apart from performance issues, my biggest worry is regarding PDM client. Since every user creates an instance of the cloud PC session when they try to access SW and PDM on the cloud, I am wondering how that will affect the local cache etc.
Do any of you have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
JSculley
Answers: 54

Re: PDM on Citrix

Unread post by JSculley »

From the Knowledge Base:

QUESTION:
Will SOLIDWORKS® PDM clients run in Terminal Server or Citrix environments?

ANSWER:
In many cases it will install in Terminal Server environments but there may be limitations as this is not fully tested or supported. Information on how to configure the client for this is available in the installation guide found in the SOLIDWORKS® PDM installation folder under \SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS PDM\Lang\GB. Refer to chapter "Using SOLIDWORKS PDM on a Terminal Server".

Note however that SOLIDWORKS does not support or test Citrix terminal server environments. Some SOLIDWORKS users have successfully implemented the use of Citrix software; however, no information is available from Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation regarding the setup or use of Citrix software.
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: PDM on Citrix

Unread post by mp3-250 »

in short you should setup a test environment and try it.