SW Drafting Bug

SPerman
Answers: 13

SW Drafting Bug

Unread post by SPerman »

I went to an existing part and added 2 holes to the end. They are there in the model. They are visible in the front view if I show hidden edges. They are not, however visible in the end view. If I create a new end view, they are there, but the old view refuses to update. There are no hidden edges.

I seem to spend more time fighting with solidworks than I spend being productive these days.
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Re: SW Drafting Bug

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Old files?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

SPerman wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:38 am I went to an existing part and added 2 holes to the end. They are there in the model. They are visible in the front view if I show hidden edges. They are not, however visible in the end view. If I create a new end view, they are there, but the old view refuses to update. There are no hidden edges.

I seem to spend more time fighting with solidworks than I spend being productive these days.

image.png
If you click the face in the view, do you see the edges highlight themselves? If so, you're getting a bug that we used to get a lot when we were batch-processing.

To fix the bug, change display state and go back to the one you were. The bug is the drawing shows a view from a previous version of the file. It was one of the major bugs we had when we moved to 2019. SolidWorks blamed it on our templates but we still got it after fixing our templates and have had it twice on 2023 so far.

I blame the cause on files within the assembly being in previous versions.
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I changed the display state to HLV and the holes appeared, but when I changed it back to HLR, they went away again. I just recreated the view and moved on. The model and drawing were originally created back to SW 2017 or 2018, but they are currently saved in 2022, which is the version I am currently using.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Can you post the files?
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

No. I deleted / recreated the view and got on with life. I mainly posted this just to (female dog) about how bad SW is.
-