Properties - Summary & Custom Tabs Missing

HercalloY
Answers: 0

Properties - Summary & Custom Tabs Missing

Unread post by HercalloY »

Does anyone know how to fix this or what's going on? I'm guessing it has something to do with 3DX.BS (but i don't do any of that "BadXperiancePlatF0rM" rubbish so i don't know why its changing things). I can't find anything in the help files explaining it nor anywhere else.

I have certain files that i open that have the two very basic first tabs missing int he file properties dialog. The "Summary" and "Custom" tabs go missing and the "ConfigurationManager" tab in the FeatureManagerTree changes to a "CADFamily" icon and is totally different then normal and yet i never changed anything in the files to initial any change in this regard, I literally open an old file and it its like this.

The straw that made me post is i opened a SW2001 file and its missing the tabs as i wanted to check file creation/modified dates before updating it only to have them missing, its like wtf.

Screenshots attached showing areas for explanation. I cant find anything to change it back to normal and i don't know whats causing it to change as other files open as normal.
Attachments
FMT Brocken.png
FMT Normal.png
Properties Missing.png
Properties Normal.png
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: Properties - Summary & Custom Tabs Missing

Unread post by mp3-250 »

try to search in the KB.

I found some workaround, but I am not familiar with 3d experience or solidworks connected so I could misunderstanding the issue.

Workaround: Open the part in SOLIDWORKS Desktop, remove the Rebuild on Save Mark and Display Data Mark from all configurations and save. Then re-open the part in SOLIDWORKS Connected.

Another kb was about lightweight assemblies and the need to put them in resolved mode.

2001 is quite old data and sw has drastically changed at least three times since then. I would cross my fingers, but put not too much expectations on it.
HercalloY
Answers: 0

Re: Properties - Summary & Custom Tabs Missing

Unread post by HercalloY »

I don't even know where to go to search KB articles. I hate that swamp with a passion. its absolutely an abomination. How on earth ANYONE in that whole company can think that is, in any way, a release-able / enhancement to previous is mind boggling. I don't even like logging into anything because i can just never find a goddamn simple thing and i don't have the time to figure out how to figure out how to find something. its ridiculous (sorry about the rant, i know its not your fault). Anyway...

This is just with classic normal SolidWorks. No connected or 3D.Bad.Experience crap. I just open certain files and they are missing these tabs whilst others of the the same vintage open and display the tabs as expected.

PS. Sp2 didn't seem to make a difference either. it still opens with the missing tabs on the same files that were somehow determined to be assigned to have missing tabs. lol