Pipe Wye Branch(Bifurcation)

eruchirapsl
Answers: 0

Pipe Wye Branch(Bifurcation)

Unread post by eruchirapsl »

I am modelling this bifurcation in SW where three cones of pipe merge together. I extended all cones until they merge together and used intersect option to do the trimming. But it gives about 48 regions which are very small and hard to remove them. Please let me know is there any easy method to do so. thanks in advance
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-08 100519.png
JSculley
Answers: 53

Re: Pipe Wye Branch(Bifurcation)

Unread post by JSculley »

Can you post a closeup of the image on the left? I can't make out the dimensional information.
eruchirapsl

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the mid-section through the Wye branch with dimension. ID denotes the internal diameter at the end of the cone
Screenshot 2024-04-10 090147.png
JSculley
Answers: 53

Unread post by JSculley »

Surfaces are an efficient way to do this. The main issue is that when you slice a cone at an angle, you get an ellipse. So, your branches have to transition from a circle to an ellipse. The attached model uses surface lofts to create the ID and the OD and the ends are then capped so that it can all be knit into a solid:
image.png
Attachments
wye.SLDPRT
(170.52 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Krzysztof Szpakowski

Unread post by Krzysztof Szpakowski »

So...
JSculley wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm Surfaces are an efficient way to do this. The main issue is that when you slice a cone at an angle, you get an ellipse. So, your branches have to transition from a circle to an ellipse. The attached model uses surface lofts to create the ID and the OD and the ends are then capped so that it can all be knit into a solid:
I don't entirely agree that you have to use surfaces. The model can be assembled using only solids. I took the liberty of using your file as a starting point, Jim.
image.png
eruchirapsl

JSculley wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 pm Surfaces are an efficient way to do this. The main issue is that when you slice a cone at an angle, you get an ellipse. So, your branches have to transition from a circle to an ellipse. The attached model uses surface lofts to create the ID and the OD and the ends are then capped so that it can all be knit into a solid:

image.png
Thanks a lot for the effort. Can't we just thicken the ID outwards to make the ID surface into a shell?
eruchirapsl

Krzysztof Szpakowski wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 pm So...

I don't entirely agree that you have to use surfaces. The model can be assembled using only solids. I took the liberty of using your file as a starting point, Jim.

image.png
Could you please provide the SW file me to study your method
Krzysztof Szpakowski

Unread post by Krzysztof Szpakowski »

eruchirapsl wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:29 am Could you please provide the SW file me to study your method
Unfortunatly this is Makers file. Not to open in commercial version
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png