Alibre Cad

Alibre, FreeCAD, Sketchup, ZX, AutoCAD, Microstation,
Craig Makarowski
Answers: 0

Alibre Cad

Unread post by Craig Makarowski »

Well I tried Alibre Cad demo to day , they have spring sale for 149usd for the basic level.
The cool thing is it imports SolidWorks 2018 assemblies and parts just fine so far. I was looking for an alternate just in case my Home license blows up for SolidWorks!! and I want something better than freecad.
The user interface seems easy enough and similar to SolidWorks. I tried Fusion360 and really am not a fan of theirs.
I did ask them some tough questions like PDM and such waiting to see what they say.
Also was looking for something that my Friends could afford in our little group so that we could all use and learn together that was affordable.
Got 30 days to play with Alibre Cad for now.
My two bits worth :D tu
jmongi

Re: Alibre Cad

Unread post by jmongi »

I actually used Alibre CAD at a previous job and at one point when they were new I had Alibre Pro for free at home due to home use and whatnot. I'll have to check out the demo, see what's what. Might be worth it depending on the overall cost.

They were just dabbling in PDM when I was using it (this was 12 years ago).
Designated Pot-Stirrer
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

Unread post by Roasted By John »

Fushion 360 isn't that bad - seems a lot elementary, lot of missing stuff
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
bentlybobcat

Unread post by bentlybobcat »

Roasted By John wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:41 pm Fushion 360 isn't that bad - seems a lot elementary, lot of missing stuff
It's not that good either. Lot's of bugs they don't seem interested in fixing and no configurations.

I gave up on it a while back and have stopped recommending it to folks.

bently
Bent