Batch Export as STEP (Parts Only)

Library for macros
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Batch Export as STEP (Parts Only)

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Here is a macro to batch export all parts in selected folder as STEP file which will be saved in the same folder. UU

Macro libraries are set to SW2019 version. In case you're running a different version then update/correct the macro references as suggested in this video (don't worry on the fact that video is for fixing missing library error but check the process to update your macro library):

Also you can change the format from STEP to other formats as needed.
Attachments
Batch Export STEP File (Parts)-2019.swp
(42 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Batch Export as STEP (Parts Only)

Unread post by MJuric »

gupta9665 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 am Here is a macro to batch export all parts in selected folder as STEP file which will be saved in the same folder. UU

Macro libraries are set to SW2019 version. In case you're running a different version then update/correct the macro references as suggested in this video (don't worry on the fact that video is for fixing missing library error but check the process to update your macro library):

Also you can change the format from STEP to other formats as needed.
I'm curious. What's the advantage of doing this with a macro over Solidworks Task Scheduler?
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: Batch Export as STEP (Parts Only)

Unread post by gupta9665 »

MJuric wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 am I'm curious. What's the advantage of doing this with a macro over Solidworks Task Scheduler?
I know mainly below reasons:

1. You can export multiple version in same go
2. Using macro is faster compared to TS.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger