Threaded View?

We're all ears.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Threaded View?

Unread post by MJuric »

Not a big deal but my "Preferred" view has always been a "threaded View". I find it's much easier to follow discussion lines that occur within threads this way.

Not a big deal but do you know if any of the board styles have a threaded view or if such a beast exists for phpBB's?
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Threaded View?

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Here ya go Matt,
https://bfy.tw/QuGF

Kidding aside, it appears not to be possible:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2522016
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

MJuric wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:40 am Not a big deal but my "Preferred" view has always been a "threaded View". I find it's much easier to follow discussion lines that occur within threads this way.

Not a big deal but do you know if any of the board styles have a threaded view or if such a beast exists for phpBB's?
Yeah, that was one of the first things I looked into. Got a pretty hard NO on it. Maybe one day we will upgrade to something better, but for now, this is what we have.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

matt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:37 am Yeah, that was one of the first things I looked into. Got a pretty hard NO on it. Maybe one day we will upgrade to something better, but for now, this is what we have.
Just a preference on my part. Can't tell you how many times I've been in discussions when someone would go off about a post of mine and it turns out I wasn't responding to what they think I was responding too. It just seems to make branches of the discussion more clear on those more twisting turning complex threads.

Probably not even an issue here as I doubt many threads will get all that convoluted.

Thanks
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

MJuric wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:06 am Just a preference on my part. Can't tell you how many times I've been in discussions when someone would go off about a post of mine and it turns out I wasn't responding to what they think I was responding too. It just seems to make branches of the discussion more clear on those more twisting turning complex threads.

Probably not even an issue here as I doubt many threads will get all that convoluted.

Thanks
I definitely prefer threaded views as well. If the moderator is on top of things, he can break out or detach a segment of a topic as a thread.