"The End Face Cannot Terminate The Feature"? Extruded Cut

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Ballfreak10
Answers: 0

"The End Face Cannot Terminate The Feature"? Extruded Cut

Unread post by Ballfreak10 »

Hi all,

In the attached part file, I'm trying to...well, I'm trying to create the feature that I took a screenshot of in the attached screenshot, haha.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time interpreting the error message that's also shown in the screenshot.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

image.png
Attachments
Nozzle.SLDPRT
(235.84 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
by matt » Fri May 21, 2021 2:55 pm
The problem is that the surface you're cutting up to (blue) doesn't cover the entire sketch (orange) when projected into the sketch plane. If it were a simple surface that would be ok (extrude/revolve) but it's a sweep, so it can't really be extended. Since you just swept along an arc, you could have revolved it and saved yourself some grief.

The Translate From Surface doesn't really give you the right geometry, which may or may not matter.

If you're trying to put a groove in the bottom of the sweep, it might be easiest to just sketch it into the SKETCH_Extrude_Ac.

image.png
Go to full post
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: "The End Face Cannot Terminate The Feature"? Extruded Cut

Unread post by mike miller »

Activate the "Translate Surface" box.
2021-05-21 13_54_27.jpg
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
matt
Answers: 18

Re: "The End Face Cannot Terminate The Feature"? Extruded Cut

Unread post by matt »

The problem is that the surface you're cutting up to (blue) doesn't cover the entire sketch (orange) when projected into the sketch plane. If it were a simple surface that would be ok (extrude/revolve) but it's a sweep, so it can't really be extended. Since you just swept along an arc, you could have revolved it and saved yourself some grief.

The Translate From Surface doesn't really give you the right geometry, which may or may not matter.

If you're trying to put a groove in the bottom of the sweep, it might be easiest to just sketch it into the SKETCH_Extrude_Ac.

image.png