Best source for Solid Edge training?

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
mike miller
Answers: 7

Best source for Solid Edge training?

Unread post by mike miller »

Surely there's something better than the standard tutorials from Siemens, which are about as intuitive and easy to follow as the 3D Swamp. grumph Neither do I like that garbage can called YouTube, where you don't know if the next bite will give you food poisoning or not. I would prefer a trusted source that has good videos, especially for users coming from a SWX background.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
kawuser
Answers: 0

Re: Best source for Solid Edge training?

Unread post by kawuser »

mike miller wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 pm Surely there's something better than the standard tutorials from Siemens, which are about as intuitive and easy to follow as the 3D Swamp. grumph Neither do I like that garbage can called YouTube, where you don't know if the next bite will give you food poisoning or not. I would prefer a trusted source that has good videos, especially for users coming from a SWX background.
There is always Solidprofessor but it is not free.
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

mike miller wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:09 pm Surely there's something better than the standard tutorials from Siemens, which are about as intuitive and easy to follow as the 3D Swamp. grumph Neither do I like that garbage can called YouTube, where you don't know if the next bite will give you food poisoning or not. I would prefer a trusted source that has good videos, especially for users coming from a SWX background.
What kind of stuff in particular would you be interested in seeing?
mike miller

matt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:41 pm What kind of stuff in particular would you be interested in seeing?
Specifically (coming from a SWX perspective):
  • assembly relationships
  • positioning parts in an assembly and when to use specific tools
  • editing multiple parts in an assembly context and getting the results you want
  • frames and OrientXpres
  • sketch relations
  • how to use the advanced Design Intent panel
@matt, maybe this would be some fodder for your blog.... :mrgreen: **
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

mike miller wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:54 pm
@matt, maybe this would be some fodder for your blog.... :mrgreen: **
...maybe... :?

What format would you like to see it in?

- videos 3-5 minutes
- videos 5-10 minutes
- videos 10+ minutes
- text, like a book
- text with a lot of images
- text with a lot of videos
mike miller

kawuser wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:15 pm There is always Solidprofessor but it is not free.
I passed both Solid Edge courses this week. They are a great way to get familiar with the software. I just wish they had as many SE courses as SWX. :?

YEP! They're genuine engineers, spelling proves it! :lol:
2021-06-02 08_11_39.jpg
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

mike miller wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:16 am YEP! They're genuine engineers, spelling proves it! :lol:

2021-06-02 08_11_39.jpg
Onli Mike the grammer Natzi wood notise that!
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

Solid Edge actually has a quite extensive library of lessons on https://learn.sw.siemens.com/dashboard. I was able to get it for free through a promo code given in the Virtual Live event.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
Ry-guy
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ry-guy »

Training has been in flux with Solid Edge for awhile. This issue revolved around the fact that Siemens produced all the NX Training materials, has their own Service Group that does training and can sell that training courses to the VARs (after the VAR has their staff certified to teach the course!) That was the process for the "high-end" CAD markets.

Solid Edge was mid-range CAD and was primarily sold via Channel Sales (aka VARs). It was the VARs job to create the training materials and provide those services. It was part of the VAR business model. Then the two organizations combined and you have a conflict between Siemens Tech Service Group and VARs. They now competed. It's still kind of a mess from a VAR/Siemens direct point of view.

To be honest I think the Solid Edge help documentation is great place to start. But it is NOT what I would recommend for "training". Training is different from providing information! If you know me, I can talk at nauseum about this- I have an instructional design and graphics for learning background..blah, blah, blah..so training really means something different to me than what most people call "training".
phpfox
Answers: 0

Unread post by phpfox »

Codienter.com offers SolidEdge 2022 online course for free.
This course covers the basics of Solid Edge 2022. Part Modelling, Assembly and Drawing module are discussed to make you ready for creating new products. 2D to 3D conversion of knuckle joint is demonstrated to give an understanding of industrial CAD practices. At the end of the course with the tools learnt in the lessons, you will be able to build your own scooter.
Here is the course link :
https://www.codienter.com/all-courses/s ... oundation/