Re: Shapr3D

Unread post by matt »

Do you have more information on this?
AllexDee
Answers: 0

Unread post by AllexDee »

Im excited for this!

Im wainting for the new IPAD Pro to come out as that's what ill be mostly using it on.

I hope when I do come to use it it isn't disappointing.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

This looks interesting.

Concidering it is done within the boundaries of the Siemens Parasolid engine, why would someone want to use Shapr3D rather then SolidWorks, and vice versa..?

Don't get me wrong, it looks great and I'm all for new stuff coming out, but this feels like a SolidWorks developped appart from SolidWorks that's eventually gonna get swallowed by the bigger corporation.
AllexDee

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 am This looks interesting.

Concidering it is done within the boundaries of the Siemens Parasolid engine, why would someone want to use Shapr3D rather then SolidWorks, and vice versa..?

Don't get me wrong, it looks great and I'm all for new stuff coming out, but this feels like a SolidWorks developped appart from SolidWorks that's eventually gonna get swallowed by the bigger corporation.
Don't get me wrong, this will in no way shape or form be close to proper CAD software but it is simplistic in its features and user-friendly unlike SW in terms of beginners.

it's quite quick to get things done in terms of small projects or concepts but hasn't got all the fancy features of CAD, ill be mainly using this for house projects and my small business wont be used for professional work like I'm doing now because I rather use SW for that.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Yeah, the parasolid link is worth it alone... definitely an on the go tool and will likely become serious once you master the touch interface.
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I've always wondered why companies tend to develop for Apple before developping for Android. I understand that Apple is a big company, but Android covers a pretty wide range of devices, which would allow for a broader audience IMO.

Edit: Thought this was worth a mention.
image.png
AllexDee

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:00 am I've always wondered why companies tend to develop for Apple before developping for Android. I understand that Apple is a big company, but Android covers a pretty wide range of devices, which would allow for a broader audience IMO.

Edit: Thought this was worth a mention.
image.png
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the subscription, but I'm hopeful it will get bigger and maybe another company might buy it out.

that's the only thing I'm not too fond of but a lot of CAD software is also subscription-based and a lot more expensive. but I do see the point from that image, that person does have a point

for example, the likes of adobe acquired substance painter and designer, it was a one-time fee purchase I think and now adobe is in charge and it's now a subscription-based package.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau