E: SOLDERSLEEVE TERMINATOR WITH LEAD & CABLE DUPLICATION

niko
Answers: 0

E: SOLDERSLEEVE TERMINATOR WITH LEAD & CABLE DUPLICATION

Unread post by niko »

Hello!

I am currently designing harnesses for aero industry. I have a schematic drawing and I have to make a 3D harness out of it. So first I made a line diagram where I used all elements (connectors, splices) successfully. But when I want to add cable shield terminators into the line diagram the problem comes. I cant find a way to make symbol with passing circuit. A cable that goes through terminator (CWT) should remain unchanged, only the one wire - that connects to the shield of the cable, should be added. In some cases this wire goes to the connector pin, in some to the splice. But I cant find any proper solution to make symbol with hyper passing circuit or something similar, so the main cable can remain unchanged. Cable core reservation also dont work. 

I also tried to make automatic harness out of schematics, but CWTs dont connect properly - they dont connect at all. 

Other question is, how can you associate the same cable in schematics to the same cable in single-line diagram? First two pictures have yellow highlighted the same cable in schematics and in single-line.

Other are pictures of the most simple part of harness for easier understanding. (in single line cwts are not yet added). In the last photo is cable shield terminator (CWT). 

Main focus is to make accurate 3D model of harness with correct BOM.

Hope my two questions are clear enough, thanks!
Attachments
cable duplication.JPG
Cable duplication SC.JPG
schematics1.jpeg
line.JPG
cwt.jpeg
matt
Answers: 18

Re: E: SOLDERSLEEVE TERMINATOR WITH LEAD & CABLE DUPLICATION

Unread post by matt »

Does anyone with wiring/routing experience have an answer for this question?
niko
Answers: 0

Unread post by niko »

Hello.

If there is anybody wondering, I found a solution for the first question. Its actually very simple, I just created 3D model of CWT that acts as a "clip" and have a connection point. So you can just wire through clip, cable remains the same, only one wire is added. In line diagram you connect only shield wire, like its shown in the picture.

The second question is still yet to be solved.

Nik
Attachments
line1.JPG
3D.JPG
JuTu
Answers: 1

Unread post by JuTu »

I have nothing to give to this particular field nor topic, but I just wanted to say that it looks pretty darn cool to me :D
Pre-made wiring bundles just to be stuffed thru bulkhead openings with multi-tool reminicent of a baseball bat... been there, seen that xD
Sincerely,
JuTu