Block Scale

Bryan O
Answers: 1

Block Scale

Unread post by Bryan O »

I have created drawing sheet templates for common sizes.
Included in these templates are blocks containing common text.
When a co workers uses these templates, and inserts these blocks, they scale linked to the sheet scale.
How can I lock the block scale 1:1

Additionally when I create blocks in the template it does not allow the "link to file" that you normally get when inserting a block into a drawing.

Anyone else have this and know of a solution?
Bryan O

Re: Block Scale

Unread post by Bryan O »

EDIT
Once placed in the drawing (from the template) it DOES allow me to reestablish the link but it is NOT set by default.
image.png
image.png (28.72 KiB) Viewed 957 times
image.png
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

1. It sounds like the note is linked to the sheet number. If you don't want it linked then edit the note and enter the text manually.

2. May I ask why are you using blocks? Maybe there's a good reason, but I've worked with drawings pretty much every day since 2009, and have never needed one.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Bryan O

Unread post by Bryan O »

We use blocks so that everyone uses the same text and terminology.
I would like to link the blocks("notes") so they could be modified universally.

I'm always open to suggestions if there is a better way.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Bryan O wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am We use blocks so that everyone uses the same text and terminology.
I would like to link the blocks("notes") so they could be modified universally.

I'm always open to suggestions if there is a better way.
Put the notes in your sheet format, and have everyone use the same sheet formats. The notes can still be edited, but it takes a little effort. If people still edit those you have either a personnel problem or a lack of training.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
CarrieIves
Answers: 2

Unread post by CarrieIves »

We have a couple of notes that are typically used that are part of our drawing templates. For other common notes, we have them saved in our design library as notes. We can then just drag them into the drawing. In the image below, I have dragged the rohs note onto the drawing.
image.png
CADInnovations
Answers: 0

Unread post by CADInnovations »

I would recommend checking out Versa Note at www.cadinnovations.ca. The SolidWorks add-in offers a lot of settings including control over the note block size and position, the add-in prevents modification directly on the drawing, and is more flexible than using static note blocks. It allows you to create configurable notes with drop down selection fields (or user entry fields) as well as the ability to add custom notes, and flag notes. Most importantly, all users of the add-in share a common note configuration file for consistency.