PDM sub-forum?

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
bnemec
Answers: 10

PDM sub-forum?

Unread post by bnemec »

First off, I'm not saying we should. I'm asking if you all think it should be added here. Matt has added a bunch of forums for us, thank you Matt. I'd just like to ask the question.

Warning, I have a lot that I would ask in the PDM sub-forum. Also, I get that it could become a can of worms if it should be vendor agnostic or include the likes of IV Vault, Windchill, Teamcenter, etc. Granted PDM seems to be just a component of the last two mentioned.

Maybe instead I should ask, "May I ask questions about SW PDM Pro?" "...and if so where should I put them?"

Thanks!
matt
Answers: 18

Re: PDM sub-forum?

Unread post by matt »

I do have a place for PDM, but I lumped it together with general CAD Admin, next to last in the CAD category. I'm open to changing that. PDM in CAD Agnostic? Opinions?
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Oh, I missed it. Sorry. :oops:
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

matt wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:03 pm I do have a place for PDM, but I lumped it together with general CAD Admin, next to last in the CAD category. I'm open to changing that. PDM in CAD Agnostic? Opinions?
IMO, for what it's worth, seems it should be sub category under SolidWorks. Could get confusing having discussions about several PDMs under one forum.... But that will depend on traffic.
Jason