Sketchfab

Alibre, FreeCAD, Sketchup, ZX, AutoCAD, Microstation,
Tom G
Answers: 0

Sketchfab

Unread post by Tom G »

Sketchfab is now part of Epic Games

I hadn't explored Sketchfab at all. Somehow I got on a mailing list. It still looks nice, and that is about as much as I know of it.
The inclusion of this among the Epic Games platform is strange to me, professionally. However, if it increases the potential number of eyes to see your work (I suppose), then it isn't a bad thing.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Re: Sketchfab

Unread post by MJuric »

Tom G wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:47 pm Sketchfab is now part of Epic Games

I hadn't explored Sketchfab at all. Somehow I got on a mailing list. It still looks nice, and that is about as much as I know of it.
The inclusion of this among the Epic Games platform is strange to me, professionally. However, if it increases the potential number of eyes to see your work (I suppose), then it isn't a bad thing.
The concept seems the same as many stock photo places except for solid models. What I find odd is what are the chances that someone will be looking for a model exactly like what you modeled up? A place like Grab CAD is typically industrial bits and pieces that you snag to drop into your design. That looks more like something you would get for developing a game. In that case I would think that the creators would have a very specific style in mind.