Sheet metal flat view on same sheet with part

jayar
Answers: 2

Sheet metal flat view on same sheet with part

Unread post by jayar »

Is there a way to show a flattened sheet metal view on the same sheet as the folded part is dimensioned, etc.? All views seem to want to have the same configuration no matter which it is.
by jayar » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:36 am
jayar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 am Is there a way to show a flattened sheet metal view on the same sheet as the folded part is dimensioned, etc.? All views seem to want to have the same configuration no matter which it is.
o[
OK, for anyone else with a similar problem - checked w/ my VAR (amazingly helpful here in sunny Saudi Arabia) and it is so straightforward that IDK why it isn't first pick in a help search.
1) Select the default configuration if it is not already selected:
2) Back in the model tree, make sure the 'line' is below the 'Flat-Pattern' step, then suppress that step.
The step can be suppressed by clicking the 'Flatten' button in the Sheet Metal ribbon.
Go to full post
Frank_Oostendorp

Re: Sheet metal flat view on same sheet with part

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

We do this all the time, SW2019, so do not know if later versions mess this up. Place views of folded part and flattened.
image.png
image.png (48.8 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Frank_Oostendorp wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:28 am We do this all the time, SW2019, so do not know if later versions mess this up. Place views of folded part and flattened.
image.png
Yes, that is exactly what I tried (v2021 SP 3.0) Doesn't seem to work so I placed the view on a separate sheet and locked the view as a workaround. Grrr. o[
Frank_Oostendorp

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

Testing 2022BETA on this, it looks like it's showing folded and flattened on one sheet, however, can't get the bend line to show up in the flattened view 🤦‍♀️
I know v2021 had some problems with configurations of parts in assemblies, but not of this sheet metal issue. Maybe someone else can help testing this in SW2021? Otherwise we have to skip v2020, v2021 and 2022 to avoid these problems 😉 We could have stopped our subscriptions and buy a couple of new licenses after three years.
CarrieIves

Unread post by CarrieIves »

SolidWorks 2020 SP 5.0. I was able to create a sheet metal part and show the flat and bent views on the same sheet. The flat pattern was showing the bend lines.
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

jayar wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 am Is there a way to show a flattened sheet metal view on the same sheet as the folded part is dimensioned, etc.? All views seem to want to have the same configuration no matter which it is.
I do this all the time. I am using 2021 SP4.1. Is it part/drawing specific? Can you post the drawing and part?
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Pretty Standard practice for us. Been doing it since V2015 and currently on 2018 SP5...Weird, I've only used three version of SW but I've been using it for five years.
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

o[
OK, for anyone else with a similar problem - checked w/ my VAR (amazingly helpful here in sunny Saudi Arabia) and it is so straightforward that IDK why it isn't first pick in a help search.
1) Select the default configuration if it is not already selected:
2) Back in the model tree, make sure the 'line' is below the 'Flat-Pattern' step, then suppress that step.
The step can be suppressed by clicking the 'Flatten' button in the Sheet Metal ribbon.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (43.4 KiB) Viewed 997 times