user added PDM notification, can they be one time only?

Installation, PDM, standards, training, support, part numbering, rev schemes, etc.
bnemec
Answers: 10

user added PDM notification, can they be one time only?

Unread post by bnemec »

I would like to know, one time, when a file is checked in, not for the rest of for ever.

Mostly because there are times when I need to do a little fixing and I'd like to just know when the file is available. But then if I don't remember to go delete that notification from the My Notifications I get them forever and I don't remember why.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the manually added notification a "one time only" kind of thing?
image.png
Thank you.

sorry, I had posted this in wrong forum. I deleted the other and made one here.
by jcapriotti » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:08 pm
I don't see a way out of the box.....even Windchill with it's Gagillion options doesn't have this capability. API would be your only option. I have a .net developer on my team for this kind of stuff, we essentially had to create our own notification system for ECOs since the OOTB system is so limiting.
Go to full post
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: user added PDM notification, can they be one time only?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

I don't see a way out of the box.....even Windchill with it's Gagillion options doesn't have this capability. API would be your only option. I have a .net developer on my team for this kind of stuff, we essentially had to create our own notification system for ECOs since the OOTB system is so limiting.
Jason
cdantonio
Answers: 0

Re: user added PDM notification, can they be one time only?

Unread post by cdantonio »

I know this is old, but I just finished building our notification system so I thought I should leave this here. Our process is on transition and takes advantage of the "Execute Command" action, but maybe this will still be helpful as I was having the exact same problem.

What I did on transition was "Execute Command" to an executable passing in the filepath. I then use mutex https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotne ... ew=net-7.0 to limit the executable to only one "primary" instance, but before terminating I store the filepath in a registry key. Then, when the registry key hasn't been queried for a while, the "primary" instance continues and grabs all the values stored in the key and formats them into a nicely designed HTML email.

Scripting this process is nice because you can add things like automatic Jira ticket creation and link the Jira ticket in the email, along with the list of files.