Check in, Stop By say Howdy!

For things you would put in a kitty dump.
David Matula
Answers: 0

Check in, Stop By say Howdy!

Unread post by David Matula »

Been a while guys. Could not find a place to just say Hay whats up?

Another great friday is here. the 13th too. Be careful out there guys!!!

Have a Great Day.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: Check in, Stop By say Howdy!

Unread post by bnemec »

I had not noticed it was friday the 13th. I'll go look for a black cat under a ladder.

I think some say Hi in Matt's warning thread "Be Active Or Else"
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Damn, I just applied for a job.
Is it bad?
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:45 pm Damn, I just applied for a job.
Is it bad?
Only if it was for a job at the Swamp...
David Matula

What a great day! Beautiful Monday morning !!!!
David Matula

Yahooooo. Anyone know what day it is?
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

David Matula wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:17 am Yahooooo. Anyone know what day it is?
August 18th............. :?
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

David Matula wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:17 am Yahooooo. Anyone know what day it is?
image.png
David Matula

Dang what a week. What is going on out there?
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

UU How the hell are you Mr. Matula! (should I wait til this Friday to say hello?)
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

David Matula wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 pm Been a while guys. Could not find a place to just say Hay whats up?

Another great friday is here. the 13th too. Be careful out there guys!!!

Have a Great Day.
What's up David, glad you found the place! UU
David Matula

Looking at over a 50 hour week. It is Friday!!!! if we get this project done on time I don't have to come in tomorrow.
David Matula

only two days into the work week and it is hump day already! every week should be like this.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

David Matula wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:53 pm only two days into the work week and it is hump day already! every week should be like this.
Speak for yourself. Some of us had to work Monday.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
David Matula

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:36 pm Speak for yourself. Some of us had to work Monday.
thought that you had one of them nice jobs with the state... they had you working on labor day?

I got the darn day off but no pay :(
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

David Matula wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:58 pm thought that you had one of them nice jobs with the state... they had you working on labor day?

I got the darn day off but no pay :(
I'm pretty sure most state workers had Labor Day off, but not the ones that work for the TAMU system. It hasn't been a holiday for students or employees in all the 23 years I've worked here.

I'm not complaining. We get 6-8 days off for Christmas and New Year's, and from 1 to 3 days for Spring Break.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Tony Tieuli

Unread post by Tony Tieuli »

Hey Everyone,

Just stopping by. I haven't been on the forum for a while and I thought I'd give an update so that you all won't think I've forgotten about you or just evaporated.
I semi-retired on August 17th. >< I say semi-retired because I'm still consulting remotely with the company that I worked at for the last 23 years.
I'm still using Solidworks and MasterCam for Solidworks to program machine tools and I'm doing some of the tool buying.
My wife and I have also sold our house in Massachusetts and bought a small home in The Villages, Florida. We've spent the last few weeks moving and settling in here in our new home.
It's been quite a change. The lifestyle is quite different here in Florida. One of the things that I've found remarkable is that when I make an appointment here for someone to come to my house to do whatever, they usually show up early. :shock: Up north in the same situation 90% of the time, they're late if they show up at all. It actually caused minor problems a couple of times at first. When we first got here we were staying in a hotel until our furniture arrived. We had an appointment for a new washer and dryer to be delivered at 10 am. I got a call at 9:15 saying that they were at the house.
I said that we were a half hour away and they actually waited for me to get here! I learned from that and I'm always here at least an hour before any appointment now.
Sorry for the long post. I'll get off now and I'll check in here occasionally to see how everyone is doing.
Take Care everyone!
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

Tony Tieuli wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:43 am Hey Everyone,

Just stopping by. I haven't been on the forum for a while and I thought I'd give an update so that you all won't think I've forgotten about you or just evaporated.
I semi-retired on August 17th. >< I say semi-retired because I'm still consulting remotely with the company that I worked at for the last 23 years.
I'm still using Solidworks and MasterCam for Solidworks to program machine tools and I'm doing some of the tool buying.
My wife and I have also sold our house in Massachusetts and bought a small home in The Villages, Florida. We've spent the last few weeks moving and settling in here in our new home.
It's been quite a change. The lifestyle is quite different here in Florida. One of the things that I've found remarkable is that when I make an appointment here for someone to come to my house to do whatever, they usually show up early. :shock: Up north in the same situation 90% of the time, they're late if they show up at all. It actually caused minor problems a couple of times at first. When we first got here we were staying in a hotel until our furniture arrived. We had an appointment for a new washer and dryer to be delivered at 10 am. I got a call at 9:15 saying that they were at the house.
I said that we were a half hour away and they actually waited for me to get here! I learned from that and I'm always here at least an hour before any appointment now.
Sorry for the long post. I'll get off now and I'll check in here occasionally to see how everyone is doing.
Take Care everyone!

Glad to hear from you, Tony!
Wow, what a shift in local!
Hoping your retirement goes great and invest in a quality golf cart soon! :lol:
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
David Matula

Tony Tieuli wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:43 am Hey Everyone,

Tony,
Sounds great that your retired and still have a little something to do. It will keep you young. It is strange when people show up when they say they will. You should start to tell them to give you a call 15 to 30 min before they arrive. I do hope that moving in goes well for you.
Tony Tieuli

Unread post by Tony Tieuli »

Picked up the golf cart last Wednesday!
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Tony Tieuli wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:43 am One of the things that I've found remarkable is that when I make an appointment here for someone to come to my house to do whatever, they usually show up early. :shock:
That's because the average age in Florida is 85. Every minute longer you take to deliver the product squares the odds that the recipient won't be able to receive it and you're out a sale :D
David Matula

Another week half over.