BOM won't update material

jayar
Answers: 2

BOM won't update material

Unread post by jayar »

I've got a BOM on a sheet and the part didn't have a material assigned originally. I opened the subass'y then the part and added the material to the part. Updated & saved the part, updated & saved the subass'y. Went to my sheet - still no mat'l. Updated the drawing - same thing. Verified that material was on the part, restarted - still the BOM won't update to include material for that part. What am I doing wrong?
by Glenn Schroeder » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:23 am
Is your Material linked to a custom property that is in turn linked to in the BOM?
Go to full post
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: BOM won't update material

Unread post by SPerman »

Check the part properties and see if there is anything in "Configuration Specific." That seems to override the "Custom" tab. I've found SW will fill in the Configuration Specific table when I do a "Save As" on a part.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
BuseHase
Answers: 0

Unread post by BuseHase »

You can also try to use "restore original value" on the specfic cell of your BOM.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Is your Material linked to a custom property that is in turn linked to in the BOM?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

BuseHase wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:28 am You can also try to use "restore original value" on the specfic cell of your BOM.
Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work.
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

SPerman wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:31 am Check the part properties and see if there is anything in "Configuration Specific." That seems to override the "Custom" tab. I've found SW will fill in the Configuration Specific table when I do a "Save As" on a part.
Didn't find anything like that, thanks.
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:23 am Is your Material linked to a custom property that is in turn linked to in the BOM?
Well, that might have been part of the problem. I went in to the properties and added Material to the list & entered what I wanted. That seems to have done the trick.