Motion Capture Software

VTmechie
Answers: 0

Motion Capture Software

Unread post by VTmechie »

I'm looking for a simple free tool to capture a video of me animating a machine on screen in solidworks. I don't need to record sound or anything fancy. I know I can do this in solidworks but I need something fast to show prototypes, easy to share and email or place in onenote. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Re: Motion Capture Software

Unread post by SPerman »

This works well for small video. It might fit your needs.

https://www.screentogif.com/
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

I use Powerpoint. :oops:

Go to Insert>Screen recording. You can select an area of your screen to record, and then save it to a media file later.
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
VTmechie
Answers: 0

Unread post by VTmechie »

wow thank you mike, that is just what I was looking for. love this forum!
JSculley
Answers: 53

Unread post by JSculley »

ShareX is my go to software for this.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

VTmechie wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:03 am I'm looking for a simple free tool to capture a video of me animating a machine on screen in solidworks. I don't need to record sound or anything fancy. I know I can do this in solidworks but I need something fast to show prototypes, easy to share and email or place in onenote. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.
I use https://www.flashbackrecorder.com/express/ for all my screen capture videos. As is usually the case they have a free version and "Pro" version that costs money. The free version has everything you need to capture basic screen video though.