Section View - Model Space.

Damo
Answers: 0

Section View - Model Space.

Unread post by Damo »

Hi all.

I have recently noticed something about my latest 2022 SP5 version that has a glitch when using "Section View" withoin the modelspace. (Not Drawing file.)
What I have seen is when using the section view tool in the HUD command bar, I can no longer select any edges that would be hidded if not for the section view. If that make sense.
I mean, section viewenable a slice thru the model to select and view items that would be hidden by otheres. But I am not able to select edges thru the hidden bodies.
I thought I was having a "Mandela Effect" moment.. But no, I opened up my older 2014 and 2016 versions and they worked differently/correctly.
Is anyone else experiencing this.? Or is there a setting/workaround for this I am unaware of.? Or is is a deliberate new Feature I did not see in the What's New..?
Not having the ability to select edges thru faces that are hidden by section view is surprisingly frustrating sometimes..
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Re: Section View - Model Space.

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

If you have "Graphics only section" selected, this will indeed be the case.
image.png

(I use graphics only, when I need a section view on a particulary large/resource heavy model or if there are errors that are preventing me from doing a full section view)
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
Damo
Answers: 0

Re: Section View - Model Space.

Unread post by Damo »

DanPihlaja wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:13 am If you have "Graphics only section" selected, this will indeed be the case.
image.png

(I use graphics only, when I need a section view on a particulary large/resource heavy model or if there are errors that are preventing me from doing a full section view)
Oh.. I will check this on Monday.
.. And, If this is the case, I will feel silly..
Thank you for the info mate.