Flex feature problem

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
camcombloux
Answers: 0

Flex feature problem

Unread post by camcombloux »

Hi all,

I wanted to know if it was possible to bend 4 wings of a cylindrical part towards its axis without changing its dimensions ?
Flex help.PNG
The closest i came to what i need is with using the flex feature and tapering, but the width grows at the end of the wing as the length is still the same...
Flex help2.PNG
Flex help tapering.PNG
I hope someone will understand and help me with my problem !

Thanks in advance

Cam
by matt » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:29 pm
The Flex feature gives you results that are mostly valuable as visual info, not precise geometrical data. I would probably cut the part in 1/4, flex it, then pattern the body. I can make an example for you tomorrow when I'm in front of a computer.
Go to full post
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Flex feature problem

Unread post by matt »

The Flex feature gives you results that are mostly valuable as visual info, not precise geometrical data. I would probably cut the part in 1/4, flex it, then pattern the body. I can make an example for you tomorrow when I'm in front of a computer.
camcombloux

matt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:29 pm The Flex feature gives you results that are mostly valuable as visual info, not precise geometrical data. I would probably cut the part in 1/4, flex it, then pattern the body. I can make an example for you tomorrow when I'm in front of a computer.
​​​​​​​​Thank you for your advice, it worked perfectly ! UU
I used intersect to keep only one of the tangs, then flex, then circular pattern.
Pièce début.PNG
Intersect.PNG
Flew 1 wing.PNG
Final flex.PNG
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

camcombloux wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 am ​​​​​​​​Thank you for your advice, it worked perfectly ! UU
I used intersect to keep only one of the tangs, then flex, then circular pattern.
Hi,

If the help solved the problem, it would be more helpful if you confirm the correct answer. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-07-07_14-30-21.png
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
camcombloux

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:32 am Hi,

If the help solved the problem, it would be more helpful if you confirm the correct answer. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-07-07_14-30-21.png
Oh right !
I'm still new so i didn't know about this, just did it !
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

camcombloux wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 am ​​​​​​​​Thank you for your advice, it worked perfectly ! UU

Pièce début.PNG
Intersect.PNG
Flew 1 wing.PNG
Final flex.PNG
Great! Glad to hear you worked it out.