how to get Feature manager to stop hiding sketches and other absorbed features?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
bnemec
Answers: 10

how to get Feature manager to stop hiding sketches and other absorbed features?

Unread post by bnemec »

Hi, sorry for the dumb question, but I cannot think of the proper term so searching is not working. IIRC it's not a setting in the settings window, I want to say it's a check in some right click menu. I really dislike when consumed sketches are hidden in the feature, I would like to see them all in the order they were created.

Thank you.
by mike miller » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 am
Ctrl+T for Flat tree Display. It can also be accessed by RMB'ing on the tree header and selecting Tree Display.

It doesn't work very well for sheet metal. Don't ask me why........ o[
Go to full post
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: how to get Feature manager to stop hiding sketches and other absorbed features?

Unread post by mike miller »

Ctrl+T for Flat tree Display. It can also be accessed by RMB'ing on the tree header and selecting Tree Display.

He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
bnemec

Re: how to get Feature manager to stop hiding sketches and other absorbed features?

Unread post by bnemec »

mike miller wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:55 am Ctrl+T for Flat tree Display. It can also be accessed by RMB'ing on the tree header and selecting Tree Display.

It seems that setting is not available to change when editing a sketch, which is precisely when I notice it. Once I exited the sketch there it was. So thank you.

Confirm unexpected behavior on sheet metal grumph
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Did they really program this setting to be saved with the document and not system setting?
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

bnemec wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:40 am Did they really program this setting to be saved with the document and not system setting?
Yes, they did. I like it that way. I occasionally want it spread out for a specific file, and wouldn't want to have to change it back when I went to another one.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:44 am Yes, they did. I like it that way. I occasionally want it spread out for a specific file, and wouldn't want to have to change it back when I went to another one.
>>>

Do you work alone? I find this to be a user pref, having to set it for every file and then at the mercy of the last user to save the file makes it almost useless IMO.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

bnemec wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:55 am Do you work alone? I find this to be a user pref, having to set it for every file and then at the mercy of the last user to save the file makes it almost useless IMO.
Mostly.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Lucas
Answers: 2

Unread post by Lucas »

bnemec wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:40 am Did they really program this setting to be saved with the document and not system setting?
I guess you could save a template with the option checked to keep as standard:

image.png
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Lucas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 pm I guess you could save a template with the option checked to keep as standard:

image.png
I work in a department with about 30 other users, with templates set up for the sake of custom properties that are mapped to PDM and units and all the other stuff so that's not going to happen, there's still a backlog of template updates that need done (although that's mostly on the drawing templates). Anyway that's not a solution in this case. However, if I were a one man band you can bet I would have your suggestion implemented post haste. Actually as I type this I'm rethinking and maybe I'll take a pole of the other users, maybe the majority would rather have it flat anyway. Thanks.