Is SW still in business?

MJuric
Answers: 1

Is SW still in business?

Unread post by MJuric »

So I sent a support request to our VAR and I usually get a really quick response....never got one. I heard rumor they were bought out by another company so maybe that support E-mail is no longer valid but you'd think there's be some sort of automatic reply or something.

I then was searching for something and ran into a forum response....which of course you have to log in to see responses. My password didn't work, which I've had for years so I was pretty sure it was correct....but I'm getting old. So I reset it, which then gave me a "Something went wrong contact the administrator", which I'm not doing.

So is DSS/SW still in business?
AlexB
Answers: 24

Re: Is SW still in business?

Unread post by AlexB »

Yes Dassault/Solidworks is still in business. As for your VAR, it's hard to say. My VAR has been bought out and changed names several times in our history with them. If that is happening with your VAR, then some extra down-time during that transition is unfortunately expected.

Have you tried calling your VAR on their support line?
Alin
Answers: 3

Unread post by Alin »

MJuric wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:13 pm So I sent a support request to our VAR and I usually get a really quick response....never got one. I heard rumor they were bought out by another company so maybe that support E-mail is no longer valid but you'd think there's be some sort of automatic reply or something.
Check their website. There should be a link to the support page.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

AlexB wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:25 pm Yes Dassault/Solidworks is still in business. As for your VAR, it's hard to say. My VAR has been bought out and changed names several times in our history with them. If that is happening with your VAR, then some extra down-time during that transition is unfortunately expected.

Have you tried calling your VAR on their support line?
I knew they were bought out but it wasn't that long ago so seems like they would still answer on the other line. Ended up getting ahold of our sales rep and they gave me another E-mail.