reference geometry not always appearing in higher-level feature tree

Mike Gera
Answers: 0

reference geometry not always appearing in higher-level feature tree

Unread post by Mike Gera »

If I have an assembly that contains a subassembly that has reference geometry in it (a plane, for example) and I try to expand and select that plane from the assembly's feature tree, it doesn't always appear in the tree.

I've even had instances where the reference geometry is contained in a folder in the subassembly...and I can expand the folder from the assembly's feature tree, but it appears empty.

Very strange.

I've tried turning off Large Assembly mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
by AlexLachance » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:35 pm
Mike Gera wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:20 pm Hey Alex,

It is not a "Hide All Types" issue.

Please see (2) screenshots below.

The first is the subassembly.

The 2nd is how the subassembly appears from the assembly.

Hey Mike! I know that bug, lucky you! Hide the assembly and unhide it, everything should pop back. Notice that it doesn't even show the default planes or origin in the feature tree, I see that regularly. Most of the time doesn't affect us, sometimes we gotta do the little trick. Notice how the tree's order is wrong too, like there's a pattern before the component, huh?

Edit: FYI, the little trick fixes it but the "bug" happens at the launch of every new session for me. It doesn't show up in all assemblies, but when it does it is how I resolve it to reach what I require. So, if you've fixed it, close SW and reopen it, it will redo the buggy behavior of not displaying the sub-assembly's tree correctly.
Go to full post
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: reference geometry not always appearing in higher-level feature tree

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Mike Gera wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:00 pm If I have an assembly that contains a subassembly that has reference geometry in it (a plane, for example) and I try to expand and select that plane from the assembly's feature tree, it doesn't always appear in the tree.

I've even had instances where the reference geometry is contained in a folder in the subassembly...and I can expand the folder from the assembly's feature tree, but it appears empty.

Very strange.

I've tried turning off Large Assembly mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Check if you have the "Hide all types" on
image.png
image.png (15.85 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Do you have screenshots that show the issue..?
Mike Gera

Hey Alex,

SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
AlexLachance

Mike Gera wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:20 pm Hey Alex,

Hey Mike! I know that bug, lucky you! Hide the assembly and unhide it, everything should pop back. Notice that it doesn't even show the default planes or origin in the feature tree, I see that regularly. Most of the time doesn't affect us, sometimes we gotta do the little trick. Notice how the tree's order is wrong too, like there's a pattern before the component, huh?

Edit: FYI, the little trick fixes it but the "bug" happens at the launch of every new session for me. It doesn't show up in all assemblies, but when it does it is how I resolve it to reach what I require. So, if you've fixed it, close SW and reopen it, it will redo the buggy behavior of not displaying the sub-assembly's tree correctly.
Mike Gera

That did the trick!

Interestingly, the features that I needed appeared, but they were not in their folder.

Thanks for the help.

Is this slated to be fixed in 2023?
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11
AlexLachance

Mike Gera wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:27 pm That did the trick!

Interestingly, the features that I needed appeared, but they were not in their folder.

Thanks for the help.

Is this slated to be fixed in 2023?
No idea, never looked up an SPR for it since it was very minor. I get that issue sometimes with parts inserted into parts where the features don't appear where they should(in the featuremanager)
Mike Gera

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:28 pm No idea, never looked up an SPR for it since it was very minor. I get that issue sometimes with parts inserted into parts where the features don't appear where they should(in the featuremanager)
It's minor until you need to access the feature. ;)
SW 2022 SP 5.0
Windows 11