Hole Table Duplicates - Hole Wizard Favorites

Bryan O
Answers: 1

Hole Table Duplicates - Hole Wizard Favorites

Unread post by Bryan O »

Sorry for posting 2 questions in 1 but they are interrelated.

1. Has anyone else run into hole tables that recognize 2 IDENTICAL HOLES as different hole. The hole table is labeling them as 2 different holes.
They ARE different features in the tree but all the dimensions are the same.

2. I can't believe I'm 10+ years in and just starting to use Hole Wizard favorite.
As a test, I set some up, I close Solidwork, restarted and they are there in the next NEW part I create. Awesome but I did not save them anywhere (that I know of). Are they stored in the registry file and that is why they are available on the next item I open?

Thanks in advance
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Hole Table Duplicates - Hole Wizard Favorites

Unread post by jcapriotti »

@Bryan O

1. Check that the end condition is the same. If one is Thru all and the other is Up to next, the holes could be identical but it gets separated in the table. All hole settings must match.

2. You need to define where the Hole Wizard Database goes. Then it will save them there in a file called "HoleWizardFavorites.sldedb"
image.png
Jason
Bryan O

Unread post by Bryan O »

Thank you @jcapriotti for the info.
I checked the end condition. I even applied a favorite to the 2 features to ensure they were identical with no luck. they still list as separate in the Hole Table.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Could you post the file?
Jason
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Bryan O wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 pm Sorry for posting 2 questions in 1 but they are interrelated.

1. Has anyone else run into hole tables that recognize 2 IDENTICAL HOLES as different hole. The hole table is labeling them as 2 different holes.
They ARE different features in the tree but all the dimensions are the same.

2. I can't believe I'm 10+ years in and just starting to use Hole Wizard favorite.
As a test, I set some up, I close Solidwork, restarted and they are there in the next NEW part I create. Awesome but I did not save them anywhere (that I know of). Are they stored in the registry file and that is why they are available on the next item I open?

Thanks in advance
Silly question, but did you run the "combine same size" function after placing the hole table?
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
Bryan O

Unread post by Bryan O »

Yes.
there is also the combine tags which turns off the combine size option.
Attachments
2021_04_14.jpg
sngCF
Answers: 0

Unread post by sngCF »

I know its late, but just in case anybody visits this post like I did yesterday,

I suspect that the two hole wizard features were created separately. Then may be you can delete one hole and add the point at exact location in the other hole wizard feature.