Probably my favorite SW2023 Enhancement

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Probably my favorite SW2023 Enhancement

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

In previous versions, when you got a weld symbol all set up and then clicked on the OK button (because that's the intuitive thing to do; or at least I've always thought so), the dialog box would go away but no symbol was created, so you had to start over, this time making sure to place the weld symbol on the sheet before clicking okay. I've been complaining about it for years.

I just realized today that it's fixed.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Glenn Schroeder

Re: Probably my favorite SW2023 Enhancement

On second thought, it's my second favorite. The ability to set the style for Detail Views is better, since I use detail views on almost every project, but I only need weld symbols on 25% or less.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

It took so little time to get used to the way it works that it wouldn't even come close to a top 10 for me lol, it is a good thing that they finally did that though. Like why would you set up an entire welding symbol only to press enter and flush it down the drain? Let the symbol on the mouse and if I want to flush it down the drain I'll press escape.

They seem to have been working on removing a lot of these little undesired behaviors in the last few versions.
Glenn Schroeder

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:58 am It took so little time to get used to the way it works that it wouldn't even come close to a top 10 for me lol, it is a good thing that they finally did that though. Like why would you set up an entire welding symbol only to press enter and flush it down the drain? Let the symbol on the mouse and if I want to flush it down the drain I'll press escape.

They seem to have been working on removing a lot of these little undesired behaviors in the last few versions.
If I used them often that would probably have been the case for me also, but I go weeks, and sometimes months, without needing one. Yesterday I did, and after getting it all set up I clicked on Okay without thinking. I immediately knew I had messed up, and then was surprised to see a weld symbol there.

Is there any other operation in SW besides weld symbols that is set up with a dialog box instead of a property manager?