How to make the visibility of Display Pane persistent?

Tera
Answers: 2

How to make the visibility of Display Pane persistent?

Unread post by Tera »

When I open some parts/assemblies, Display Pane is hidden. I have to click the right arrow on top of feature tree to make it visible. If I save the file and re-open it, it's hidden again. I have to click and make it visible again.
Jesus, How many times a day should I click that damn arrow? Why SW doesn't save user's behavior and re-use it? Even the simplest vb applications I've seen, are capable of saving the last state of each dialogue and re-use the values for the next use.

The parts & assemblies that are made from templates with visible Display Pane, don't suffer this behavior. When I open them, Display Pane is visible.

1- Is Display Pane's visibility template derived?
2- Is there any way to make Display Pane visible permanently?

Solidworks 2022 SP5
Thanks.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: How to make the visibility of Display Pane persistent?

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Display Pane visibility is file dependent (so yes it's template driven). So you have to set it to show for individual file.

You can set a keyboard shortcut to quickly hide/show it. Other option could be a background macro which will show it once you have a model active on the screen.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

gupta9665 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:23 pm Display Pane visibility is file dependent (so yes it's template driven). So you have to set it to show for individual file.
If I save the file with visible Display Pane and close and re-open it, the Pane is hidden again.
Is there any understandable reason for this.
(Again, if the file is based on a template with visible display pane, it's visible on re-opening)
gupta9665 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:23 pm You can set a keyboard shortcut to quickly hide/show it. Other option could be a background macro which will show it once you have a model active on the screen.
My hands are on a mouse and a 3Dconnexion mouse. So using shortcut keys have never been a good choice for me.
I searched to see if I can find a macro, but wasn't able to find any.

Do you have or know a way to do it with a macro?

Much appreciated.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

There is no direct method in the API for the display pane. So option is to use the send keys methods.

If you are comfortable using mouse, then you can set a mouse gesture for the showing or hiding the display pane.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

Thanks. Will give it try.