What does this mean? How do I get rid of it?

Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

What does this mean? How do I get rid of it?

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Hello friends,
I need your support on something.
There is a drawing (step214) coming from abroad, I can open the tool as assembly, but it cannot interfere with the parts. I need to turn every piece into sheet metal.
If you enable 3D interconnect in system options, I can open the step file as an assembly file, but it cannot interfere with any part. If you do not activate this option, the file does not open at all and SW closes.
When I right-click the assembly at the top of the feature tree, the "Disconnect" option does not appear.
I can't save the assembly in different formats. I can only save it as a part file, but when I save it as a part file, many of its parts are destroyed. For example, if the original file has 100 parts, when I convert it to part file, 40 parts disappear.
I can't upload the file here. :(

Anyone have any ideas?
2023-08-12_09-36-37.png
2023-08-12_09-36-37.png
2023-08-14_10-42-06.png
Attachments
2023-08-12_09-48-43.png
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
john@layketool.com
Answers: 0

Re: What does this mean? How do I get rid of it?

Unread post by john@layketool.com »

You may have to open each of the part models that it created in the assembly and then choose the disconnect from original file. Do you have the option for your customer to export it out as a parasolids perhaps. Another option may be to have your customer change the exort options if possible to flatten the assembly so that it comes in as all imported bodies into one file
Ömür Tokman

john@layketool.com wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:40 am You may have to open each of the part models that it created in the assembly and then choose the disconnect from original file. Do you have the option for your customer to export it out as a parasolids perhaps. Another option may be to have your customer change the exort options if possible to flatten the assembly so that it comes in as all imported bodies into one file
Thank you very much for your reply.
As far as I understand, at least shimlilik do not have the experience to provide this technical support. so we asked them to save the pieces one by one in step format and send them to us. When they send them one by one, the parts are opened. We will continue this way for now.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

The assembly file is an assembly file created by someone that used SolidWorks Interconnect to create it before sending it to you.

Maybe save as parasolid and then work from there, if possible.

I sometimes use that technique when SolidWorks has a hard time translating geometry.
Ömür Tokman

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:47 am The assembly file is an assembly file created by someone that used SolidWorks Interconnect to create it before sending it to you.

Maybe save as parasolid and then work from there, if possible.

I sometimes use that technique when SolidWorks has a hard time translating geometry.
Thanks Mate,

Yes,
I tried it as parasolid, step, igs, sat, but it doesn't export some parts at all, or it freezes the parts as a shape, or it exports each renewed part used in the assembly as a separate part. I don't have time to check each part one by one.
Russian characters make the job even more difficult. For example, 3 of the 10 Russian-named tracks sent today were never opened, but when I changed the names of the parts to numbers, they did.
2023-08-14_15-56-43.png
it separates some parts into bodies in a meaningless way.
2023-08-14_15-59-03.png
AlexLachance

Ömür Tokman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:00 am Thanks Mate,

Yes,
I tried it as parasolid, step, igs, sat, but it doesn't export some parts at all, or it freezes the parts as a shape, or it exports each renewed part used in the assembly as a separate part. I don't have time to check each part one by one.
Russian characters make the job even more difficult. For example, 3 of the 10 Russian-named tracks sent today were never opened, but when I changed the names of the parts to numbers, they did.

2023-08-14_15-56-43.png

it separates some parts into bodies in a meaningless way.
2023-08-14_15-59-03.png
Yeah I don't think there will be an easy way to go through this.
AlexLachance

Are you on 2023 Omur? There's a setting In System settings>Feature Manager which would translate the feature names, maybe try that for the Russian characters?
Ömür Tokman

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:37 am Are you on 2023 Omur? There's a setting In System settings>Feature Manager which would translate the feature names, maybe try that for the Russian characters?
Sorry for the late recycling Alex, I am using 2020. I will look into this method you mentioned.