Object Selection In Drawings.

Damo
Answers: 0

Object Selection In Drawings.

Unread post by Damo »

I need help trying to identify why I can no longer tel whether the item I am trying to select within a drawing will be selected.

I do nlot know what has happened or why this is suddenly problematic.
I clearly recall from multiple previous releases that when secting lines or vertices in a drawing, a little blue icon would appear at the cursor and the selected item would change colour to orange with mouse hover. (I have just now confirmed this behaviour in my trusty 2014 version)
I cannot seem to get the same satisfaction from my 2022 SP5 version.
Is there a setting I have missed.? What could I have changed recently..?
Is anyone else experiencing this backwards functionality.?

I am struggling with some (several) items I cannot select at all for smart dimension unless I zoom ridiculously far in..

What is happening here...?
Damo

Re: Object Selection In Drawings.

Unread post by Damo »

Oh.. NVM. I found it..!
Dynamic Highlight..png
Some days I think I am losing my mind. ><
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Damo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:49 am Oh.. NVM. I found it..!
Dynamic Highlight..png
Same here some days. UU
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Damo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:49 am Oh.. NVM. I found it..!
Dynamic Highlight..png
Hey Damo,

SolidWorks loves turning that off every now and then. Here's a macro to quickly toggle it back on
Attachments
DynamicHighlightOn.swp
(38.5 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:45 am Hey Damo,

SolidWorks loves turning that off every now and then. Here's a macro to quickly toggle it back on
It happened to me often 10 years or so ago. Apparently it was caused by my 3d mouse. It would temporarily turn that setting off when I used it to move the model to keep edges and faces being highlighted as it moved under my cursor, and then was supposed to turn it back on when the mouse was released, and most of the time it did, but not always (maybe once or twice a week).

Of course Solidworks folks blamed the maker of the 3d mouse, and the 3d mouse people blamed Solidworks. I don't know which one was at fault, but apparently they fixed it, or it healed up on its own, because it rarely happens now.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:38 am It happened to me often 10 years or so ago. Apparently it was caused by my 3d mouse. It would temporarily turn that setting off when I used it to move the model to keep edges and faces being highlighted as it moved under my cursor, and then was supposed to turn it back on when the mouse was released, and most of the time it did, but not always (maybe once or twice a week).

Of course Solidworks folks blamed the maker of the 3d mouse, and the 3d mouse people blamed Solidworks. I don't know which one was at fault, but apparently they fixed it, or it healed up on its own, because it rarely happens now.
I don't use a 3D mouse so they can't give me that excuse, they blamed it on the template, which is the general excuse when they can't figure out something odd.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

DanPihlaja wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:05 am Same here some days. UU
At least here, we'll all go mad in among good company.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:38 am It happened to me often 10 years or so ago. Apparently it was caused by my 3d mouse. It would temporarily turn that setting off when I used it to move the model to keep edges and faces being highlighted as it moved under my cursor, and then was supposed to turn it back on when the mouse was released, and most of the time it did, but not always (maybe once or twice a week).

This may sound perverse, but I am enthused that I'm not the only one.
I take solace that SW isn't victimising me exclusively and I shouldn't take it personally.
I don't even use a fancy multifunction mouse.. The only thing special about my mouse is the vertical orientation.

Cheers.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

Random UI changes seem to be built into the core SW functionality.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Unread post by mp3-250 »

SPerman wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:04 am Random UI changes seem to be built into the core SW functionality.
Probably at DS they think it is a smart, well structured and robust UI...