Select Similar Arcs / Circles

dave.laban
Answers: 4

Select Similar Arcs / Circles

Unread post by dave.laban »

I feel like this should be possible but can't find the right commands and/or search string.

I've got an imported sketch that I need to clean up by removing a whole load of arcs / circles (partial image below):

Obviously box selecting and deleting gets me where I want to go, but given the number of arcs and the geometry I'm working around it's a lot of selecting to do. I'm looking for a way of only selecting arcs of the same size and deleting those.

"Power Select" would probably work but that's only available once you're working with a 3D body.

I've tried selecting the arc I'm interested in deleting and doing Ctrl+A but that then selects all sketch entities rather than similar only.

Any thoughts?

Using SW19.
dave.laban

Re: Select Similar Arcs / Circles

Never mind, came across this macro and it does the job nicely;

https://www.codestack.net/solidworks-ap ... qual-arcs/
KevinC
Answers: 1

Unread post by KevinC »

If it was a DXF/DWG, I'm thinking DraftSight can select like this, too.
Or perhaps it's only by entity type...can't remember since it went rogue$.
dave.laban

Yeah, it came from a DXF. Unfortunately no DS here since it went paid-for!
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

dave.laban wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:48 am I feel like this should be possible but can't find the right commands and/or search string.

I've got an imported sketch that I need to clean up by removing a whole load of arcs / circles (partial image below):

image.png

Obviously box selecting and deleting gets me where I want to go, but given the number of arcs and the geometry I'm working around it's a lot of selecting to do. I'm looking for a way of only selecting arcs of the same size and deleting those.

"Power Select" would probably work but that's only available once you're working with a 3D body.

I've tried selecting the arc I'm interested in deleting and doing Ctrl+A but that then selects all sketch entities rather than similar only.

Any thoughts?

Using SW19.
Glad you found a macro, but if you knew anyone with Surfcam it had this option which was awesome sauce. "I want to drill a .500" hole everywhere on this sketch that has a circle from .490" to .510". When you had a plate with 500 holes in it this function was invaluable.

You could import the DXF, do what you want in Surfcam and export the DXF.
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

I believe that there is a filter selection option available with the DraftSight software, allowing you to select only circles and/or arcs. Unfortunately, it is no longer free with a SWX subscription.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky