Additional number pad keyboard and keyboard macros

Hansjoerg
Answers: 3

Additional number pad keyboard and keyboard macros

Unread post by Hansjoerg »

Hello, I am currently considering whether to place an additional numeric keypad between the space mouse and the keyboard.

https://cherryamericas.com/cherry-g84-4700-keypad.html

I work a lot with keyboard macros, so that the majority of commands are called up with the left hand via the keyboard and the right hand remains mainly on the mouse. However, there are a few work steps where the right hand constantly switches back and forth between the mouse and the numeric keypad, e.g. when dimensioning sketches and for all functions that require numeric input.
Has anyone tried using an additional numeric keypad?
What about the keyboard macros that you have on the "normal" numeric keypad? Are they also started when you press the corresponding key on the additional numeric keypad?
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Re: Additional number pad keyboard and keyboard macros

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

How about more buttons on the mouse"
https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=226
Hansjoerg

I'm afraid my thumb is too thick for the buttons on the side.
I also can't imagine that you can enter a sequence of numbers nimbly with your thumb.
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Hansjoerg

I have just ordered the additional keyboard. As soon as it is delivered and installed, I will report on my experiences.
Dtief190
Answers: 0

Unread post by Dtief190 »

I have one of the X keys 24 units. Mostly use it with the PCB design software, and some general keys for all programs. It has been good, It comes with labels so you can label the keys as needed. Sometimes the caps get a little loose, I don't know if they fixed this.