SW User Survey

RickB
Answers: 0

SW User Survey

Unread post by RickB »

I was emailed a solidworks user survey.
image.png
There were only 2 places where I could offer my input.

Here are the verbatim notes I typed in...

1)
The 3D SWYM forum is a Great Disappointment.

I have totally disengaged with the SolidWorks web presence as the interface is the most horrible GUI I have encountered.

I genuinely miss the old Forum and the daily interactions I had with it.

The value of SolidWorks is diminished appreciably because I can't get near instant answers to my frustrating questions concerning SolidWorks the I was able to get in the old Forum.

Please bring back the Forum in the form that it was.
Thank you.

2)
The old Forum brought additional value to my business in many ways.

Loosing the Forum, as it was, has hurt us in that we can't get the diversity or answers for our questions.

Using a VAR may yield an answer. It may not be the best answer. The Forum gave many power users, from many disciplines, the opportunity to apply their personal experience that gave us a diverse set of possibilities to solve any possible question or situation.

We improved as designers, engineers, and/or SolidWorks users directly because of the old Forum.

Please, bring the old Forum back to the user base.
Maha Nadarasa
Answers: 1

Re: SW User Survey

Unread post by Maha Nadarasa »

What you say is absolutely correct. I couldn't understand the bunch of idiots, who suggested for 3D SWYM.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Maha Nadarasa wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am What you say is absolutely correct. I couldn't understand the bunch of idiots, who suggested for 3D SWYM.
Calling them idiots is insulting idiots.
Bradfordzzz

Unread post by Bradfordzzz »

Great answers. I agree completely!
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

Soooo....... now we have One, Two, and Three? **

I hereby nominate @RickB and @DennisD to be the standard bearers. A chant of ONE! TWO! THREE! would sound slightly more sinister at 3Dexperience World.... :mrgreen:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
Tom G

Unread post by Tom G »

mike miller wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:03 pm Soooo....... now we have One, Two, and Three? **

I hereby nominate @RickB and @DennisD to be the standard bearers. A chant of ONE! TWO! THREE! would sound slightly more sinister at 3Dexperience World.... :mrgreen:
Sounds like instructions for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. :ugeek:
"One, Two, Five! (Three, sir) Three!"

But I do like the idea of expanding the count, to show that some things are not improving as intended from the first two.
DennisD

Unread post by DennisD »

Perhaps the chant should be Zero, One and Two!

The forum grew to be such a valuable resource! It was a foregone conclusion that everyone understood how important it was. Well, apparently not everyone understood that.

Enter the "new forum" and its total lack of usability. The overwhelming frustration with the new forum reveals just how fundamentally important a good forum is. Thus, it should be the Zero in the chant, because it is even more fundamental than One and Two. (Yes, this is totally inspired by the gobsmack I encountered when I learned about the Zeroeth Law of Thermodynamics. Since it came after the establishment of the first three laws, but was determined to be more fundamental they had to call it the zeroeth law.)

I have been given a peek behind the curtain. There are some things that they can do with the new platform that will be great to have. HOWEVER, we are pounding on them to implement the changes they are developing in order to improve the forum section. I cannot spend more than a minute or two on there the way it is now. I keep busting their chops to show us some improvement and give us a reason to keep giving them a chance. They are working on it, but none of it is real until it gets implemented.

Zero, One and Two!
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Frederick_Law

Keep cracking them from the inside.
I'll keep working on the outside o[
Maha Nadarasa

Frederick_Law wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 pm Keep cracking them from the inside.
I'll keep working on the outside o[
Is it possible to come up with a feasible idea to yield to our request?
Frederick_Law

Maha Nadarasa wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:39 am Is it possible to come up with a feasible idea to yield to our request?
From their pass performance? Nope.
They can't fix SW.
Now they want users to fix their social experiment.
Ömür Tokman

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Hey @RickB
Congratulations! an excellent manifesto. The forum was an incomparably large resource compared to VARs. They ignored the people whose ideas they took advantage of over the years. I hope an update will come to the management staff and everything will be back.
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
mike miller

History tells us that Pepin the Short, King of the Franks, saved Rome from the Lombards twice.

But if the plebeians of Rome join forces with the Lombards, what will the Franks do? ;;
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
RickB

Unread post by RickB »

mike miller wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 am History tells us that Pepin the Short, King of the Franks, saved Rome from the Lombards twice.

But if the plebeians of Rome join forces with the Lombards, what will the Franks do? ;;
That's deep Mike. Like over my head deep.

Maybe you can restate that using 1st grade words?
mike miller

RickB wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:49 pm That's deep Mike. Like over my head deep.

Maybe you can restate that using 1st grade words?
It's supposed to be a play on words. ;)

The Frankish king [Dassault] defends Rome [SWX userbase] from the Lombard attack. But if the plebeians of Rome [userbase] join forces with the Lombards, the Franks lose their empire.

:lol:
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

mike miller wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 pm It's supposed to be a play on words. ;)

The Frankish king [Dassault] defends Rome [SWX userbase] from the Lombard attack. But if the plebeians of Rome [userbase] join forces with the Lombards, the Franks lose their empire.

Any similarities between conquering hoardes of historical Lombards and present day Lombards is purely coincidental.
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

mike miller wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 am History tells us that Pepin the Short, King of the Franks, saved Rome from the Lombards twice.

You must have been reading a Mark Twain book lately!

Sounds just like Mark Twain lingo.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

mike miller wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:00 pm It's supposed to be a play on words. ;)

Your explanation leaves me just as confused as your original statement. (I'm not a student of history. I can't even tell you what era you are referring to.)
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
mike miller

matt wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:53 pm Any similarities between conquering hoardes of historical Lombards and present day Lombards is purely coincidental.
Well that was the whole point.... :lol: There was just too much coincidence to pass up.

@SPerman, the time frame was about fourth or fifth century A.D. The Roman Empire was beginning to crumble in the west and the Lombards saw an opportunity. They swept into Rome and planned to take it over but Pepin the Short, the Frankish king from the north, saved the city. (@matt, don't feel bad....my ancestors were involved later; the Celtic barbarians from Germany, Gaul, and Czechia :D)

The whole point of the reference was that the "Frankish" company Dassault sees Matt as a threat and tries to "save" us. The problem is, we don't want saving! ;; Now I feel bad, because you should never have to explain a joke. :oops:
Maha Nadarasa

I wish to know whether it is possible challenge SWX this policy in a court. Because customers are charged for not using the product. And it looks like a punishment for lapse subscription for a customer. And it is encouraging monopoly as well.
https://www.solidsmack.com/cad/the-new- ... -avoid-it/
Attachments
1.png
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Are surveys still going out? I haven't received mine.
Maha Nadarasa

Uncle_Hairball wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:00 pm Are surveys still going out? I haven't received mine.
I think during the SWX installation process you are asked for a consent if you say "NO" you will not get survey email.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Frederick_Law wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:33 am Calling them idiots is insulting idiots.
I so want to give you beer points! UU
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau