Drawing View - Autocreate Centrelines

rothers
Answers: 0

Drawing View - Autocreate Centrelines

Unread post by rothers »

Is it possible to add autocreated centrelines to a drawing view after the view has been created rather than on view creation ?
Lapuo
Answers: 0

Re: Drawing View - Autocreate Centrelines

Unread post by Lapuo »

Technically yes. While you are at centerline command, choose Auto insert - select view , and then click at view you want centerline to be inserted.
This sounds funny but i highly recommend to avoid this option , because often it wont work :(
image.png
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Hello @rothers,

I'll agree with @Lapuo about having the software automatically add center lines to a drawing view. You're likely to get a bunch of them where you don't want them, but maybe you'll get lucky and it won't happen.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Marshall Wilson
Answers: 1

Unread post by Marshall Wilson »

The centerline command in Drawings can be hinky in general, but Autocreate just creates more work. It puts them on radiused edges (think steel tubing), and sometimes it puts two on top of each other (Countersunk holes I think).

If I'm going to be doing revisions, sometimes I ditch the "centerline" command altogether and use a "construction line" together with a point placed at a convenient midpoint. These sometimes hold up better thru multiple revisions, and when they don't, I'll at least get an error to show me something is wrong. I get annoyed when drawing centerlines just disappear.
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

"fix centerlines" should be on the next TTL list.

Centerlines in SW are pretty terrible and whether you try to allow them to insert upon creation or auto add them later the result is typically less than satisfying.

So in short, as with many SW functions, the answer is "Kinda"...