Broken solidworks website

mp3-250
Answers: 18

Broken solidworks website

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I am wondering if it is only me or my browser, but I am experiencing the same at home, on my mobile and at work with different setups...

my problems:
- I must login with 3dxperience before Customer portal otherwise I cannot use the KB
- customer portal is slow as hell
- I cannot open more than one tab in the KB otherwise my session "expires". I must close a SPR description or whatever to open a new one from the search list
- my 3dxperience account is stuck with an old mail address, but the company name has been updated... my solidworks account is up to date, so both accounts ends up seeing each other but somehow the "unified authentication" on SW website fail to recognize my account properly.
So no more download section for me.
- solidworks web site is less slower than customer portal, but a pain as well with timeouts and slow downs (access from japan could be slow... but I think they could set up a CDN or whatever here to serve us decently)
- cannot access admin dashboard from time to tIme

I don't think the above is "normal", but even my colleagues are experiencing more or less the same "suboptimal" 3d experience.

It could be or if it is a DS problem how and to whom can I complaint?
My VAR is not useful at all taking 100+ licenses fees, maintenance and other contracts for a little return.
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Re: Broken solidworks website

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

Welcome to the 3DExperience. 🤦‍♂️
Many issues have been addressed about the multiple waves of moving the old customer portal to the 3DExperience portals. Many have been set to "this is the way it is going to be, because Dassault wants it". Others are set to "being solved in near future". Well, history has shown us what to expect.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

It's not slow, it's the depth of the 3DXperience, it only seemed fast because it was a 2DXperience previously
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

IT'S AN PLATFORM!!!!!!
NOT A WEBSITE!!!!!
A very complex one working very fast in the background.
It is not slow, you are.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

We haven't heard from Ryan3ds lately. He must have figured out convincing us "the platform" wasn't a dumpster fire was a waste of time.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 2

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

SPerman wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am We haven't heard from Ryan3ds lately. He must have figured out convincing us "the platform" wasn't a dumpster fire was a waste of time.
Well, the other Ryan P. has left Dassault after the big forum move. Next Ryan tries to confuse us.....
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Frank_Oostendorp wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:14 am Well, the other Ryan P. has left Dassault after the big forum move. Next Ryan tries to confuse us.....
Poor Ryan...
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I have some mixed feeling as a part of me is kind of relieved, but the problems I face everyday are still there withouth a solution in sight...
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

mp3-250 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:58 am I am wondering if it is only me or my browser, but I am experiencing the same at home, on my mobile and at work with different setups...

my problems:
- I must login with 3dxperience before Customer portal otherwise I cannot use the KB
I had this problem in September 2022. About a month later, the workaround (logging in to the portal first) stopped working. I had to get my VAR involved and eventually the issue was resolved by the 'passport team' at SW. This is 100% a problem on SOLIDWORKS' end. Get your VAR involved. If they want your password, don't give it to them. It is not needed to fix this issue.
- customer portal is slow as hell
- I cannot open more than one tab in the KB otherwise my session "expires". I must close a SPR description or whatever to open a new one from the search list
I think this is a Siebel (the platform the KB runs on) issue. It does not handle multiple tabs/windows. If you search the KB, you have to click each result, let it open in the same page and then when you are done you have to click 'Back to Search Results'. Using the back button will break it. Opening results in a new tab/window will break it. It's an awful piece of software.
- my 3dxperience account is stuck with an old mail address, but the company name has been updated... my solidworks account is up to date, so both accounts ends up seeing each other but somehow the "unified authentication" on SW website fail to recognize my account properly.
So no more download section for me.
You have to get your VAR involved to fix this. It is most likely the same problem that is causing you to have to log in to the portal first. There should be one set of credentials that works for both the portal and the KB.
- solidworks web site is less slower than customer portal, but a pain as well with timeouts and slow downs (access from japan could be slow... but I think they could set up a CDN or whatever here to serve us decently)
- cannot access admin dashboard from time to tIme

I don't think the above is "normal", but even my colleagues are experiencing more or less the same "suboptimal" 3d experience.

It could be or if it is a DS problem how and to whom can I complaint?
My VAR is not useful at all taking 100+ licenses fees, maintenance and other contracts for a little return.
There is no mechanism to communicate with SW directly. You have to do it through your VAR. It is their job to assist you.
Frederick_Law

JSculley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:14 am There is no mechanism to communicate with SW directly. You have to do it through your VAR. It is their job to assist you.
Sent a drone to their headquarter.
Or a balloon.
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

My old link has mostly stopped "working". It never worked well, every time I logged in all the things were locked but I went to my profile and then back to home page and the locks were gone. Now when I click to go to my profile the page never loads. I've found that these PaaS systems work least bad when the browser is in private/incognito mode.
gerard
Answers: 0

Unread post by gerard »

JSculley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:14 am I had this problem in September 2022. About a month later, the workaround (logging in to the portal first) stopped working. I had to get my VAR involved and eventually the issue was resolved by the 'passport team' at SW. This is 100% a problem on SOLIDWORKS' end. Get your VAR involved. If they want your password, don't give it to them. It is not needed to fix this issue.

I think this is a Siebel (the platform the KB runs on) issue. It does not handle multiple tabs/windows. If you search the KB, you have to click each result, let it open in the same page and then when you are done you have to click 'Back to Search Results'. Using the back button will break it. Opening results in a new tab/window will break it. It's an awful piece of software.

You have to get your VAR involved to fix this. It is most likely the same problem that is causing you to have to log in to the portal first. There should be one set of credentials that works for both the portal and the KB.

There is no mechanism to communicate with SW directly. You have to do it through your VAR. It is their job to assist you.
Had all these problems with my personal account/seat. The VAR threw a 1-800 number at me and said, call tech support. I politely declined saying that's what I pay you $1295/year for.

The funny part is it took them a month to sort it all out.

'les incompetent....
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

I keep getting these emails from DSS and the layout is all messed up. You'd think if they want to be taken seriously as a tech company that can successfully develop a "Platform" they could at least manage to get an email to layout proper.
image.png
This email just reminds me of:
image.png
image.png (53.36 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Ry-guy
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ry-guy »

Frederick_Law wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:59 am IT'S AN PLATFORM!!!!!!
NOT A WEBSITE!!!!!
A very complex one working very fast in the background.
It is not slow, you are.
I love you guys. I really do! Yes, the SW portal systems are moving to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. To be honest this should have happened many years ago. Yes, it is complicated to take legacy data from any system and migrate it to a different system. Always is and always will be! And you are guaranteed that it will not be a bulletproof transition either.
Ask anyone IT person and they will agree with me!
Ry-guy
Answers: 1

Unread post by Ry-guy »

SPerman wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:10 am We haven't heard from Ryan3ds lately. He must have figured out convincing us "the platform" wasn't a dumpster fire was a waste of time.
Nope just on holiday!
Frederick_Law

Ry-guy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:04 pm I love you guys. I really do! Yes, the SW portal systems are moving to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. To be honest this should have happened many years ago. Yes, it is complicated to take legacy data from any system and migrate it to a different system. Always is and always will be! And you are guaranteed that it will not be a bulletproof transition either.
Ask anyone IT person and they will agree with me!
Not saying it's easy.
Just saying user should not see those problems.
Bank system is complex too. If it fail as often as the "Platform", nobody will trust the bank anymore.

It just show how badly managed the whole thing is.