Undocumented Enhancements in SW 2023

Alin
Answers: 3

Undocumented Enhancements in SW 2023

Unread post by Alin »

Have you discovered them? They are not listed in the What's New Document

After watching these three videos, which of these enhancements is your favorite?

Which one will you use in production to save time and money?

#1 - Complex parts open 5 (five) times faster!
#2 - Enhanced Selection with the Component Preview Window tool
#3 - Enhanced Markups that can be used as Bookmarks in Drawings!!!
#4 - Flexible Assembly Switch - in Bulk
Alin

Re: Undocumented Enhancements in SW 2023

Unread post by Alin »

Oops. Have just discovered a couple more spectacular undocumented enhancements in SW 2023. Stay tuned for the videos.
doobes
Answers: 1

Unread post by doobes »

Don't take this personally but I hate these types of YouTube advertorials.

Not EVER gonna open one....

Sorry, I'm an old fart. If you won't take the time to craft a nice written document, then I'll not take the time to watch your video.
chris
Alin

Unread post by Alin »

doobes wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:40 pm Don't take this personally but I hate these types of YouTube advertorials.

Not EVER gonna open one....

Sorry, I'm an old fart. If you won't take the time to craft a nice written document, then I'll not take the time to watch your video.
I do not take such feedbacks personally. No worries about that.

I am posting here for several old friends who are using SW and want to save time using tools that not even Dassault is aware they added in the software.

I am not advertising anything. It is up to you to watch or not the videos.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Alin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:13 pm I do not take such feedbacks personally. No worries about that.

I am posting here for several old friends who are using SW and want to save time using tools that not even Dassault is aware they added in the software.

I am not advertising anything. It is up to you to watch or not the videos.
Don't mind doobes, he can be a bit cranky at times :lol:
doobes
Answers: 1

Unread post by doobes »

Get off my lawn you whippersnapper.... ;)
chris
Alin

Unread post by Alin »

AlexLachance wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:22 pm Don't mind doobes, he can be a bit cranky at times :lol:
How could I mind him? :roll:
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

Doobes is sitting at the tickertape, waiting for the SW2023 What's New to show up.
Alin

Unread post by Alin »

I have added one more "top-secret" enhancement in SW2023 in the original post. Why are these not documented in the What's New?

Some of these seem little, but one of my students told me today that one of them will save her a ton of clerical work (clicking once vs clicking all over the place).
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Alin wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:47 pm I have added one more "top-secret" enhancement in SW2023 in the original post. Why are these not documented in the What's New?

Some of these seem little, but one of my students told me today that one of them will save her a ton of clerical work (clicking once vs clicking all over the place).
I found dozens of these little enhancements in each version and sometimes service packs that go unannounced. Some have been more product changes than anything else in the What's New. Typically they are small and not very "flashy" changes. One in 2022, when double clicking a dimension to edit it, it no longer activates the property manager prior to the edit dialogue launching. On larger file sets its way faster. There is still room for improvement though but it's a welcome change.
Jason
RichGergely
Answers: 0

Unread post by RichGergely »

Opening file quicker. Sure that is better but not really where you would save real time or much money. The real time would be saved if it could knit surfaces together 5x faster. It will more than likely be hell dealing with 5000+ surfaces. By and large, Soildworks is pretty poo dealing with1000's of surfaces especially when you have to fix various stuff and knit it together.
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

RichGergely wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:01 pm #1
Opening file quicker. Sure that is better but not really where you would save real time or much money. The real time would be saved if it could knit surfaces together 5x faster. It will more than likely be hell dealing with 5000+ surfaces. By and large, Soildworks is pretty poo dealing with1000's of surfaces especially when you have to fix various stuff and knit it together.
How about crashing 5x less often :)
It still amaze me how SOLIDWORKS decide to crash itself for no apparent reason...

All these "undocumented" enhancement just give me an impression that DS could not even manage their document and change properly
(How do u expect DS to manage your file when they cant even do it properly from their side /s)
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:37 pm All these "undocumented" enhancement just give me an impression that DS could not even manage their document and change properly
(How do u expect DS to manage your file when they cant even do it properly from their side /s)
I wouldn't say they are undocumented. Often you can find them in the knowledge base as an SPR. They just didn't make the "What's New" document which only covers the big "new" stuff as deemed worthy by marketing.
Jason