BOM (in asm) not following formatting/template

zwei
Answers: 18

BOM (in asm) not following formatting/template

Unread post by zwei »

I had been trying to insert a BOM in assembly but the formatting (TEXT FONT) seem to keep running (not following template)...

The header font was set to 8pt in the template but after insert at scale=1.0, it still run to font 11pt...

BOM insert in assembly (INCORRECT FORMATTING, TEXT too big at scale = 1.0)
image.png
BOM insert in drawing via INSERT BOM (CORRECT FORMATTING)
image.png
Even though i had tried adjust the formatting again, but when the BOM is "COPIED" to a drawing (via copy existing table), the formatting run again...

BOM insert in drawing via COPY EXISTING TABLE after re-adjust formatting in ASM
image.png

Anyone had any idea why this happen and how to solve it?
by zwei » Mon May 03, 2021 6:46 am
After some debugging and trial and error,
it seem that using [pt] for the font is a bad idea, changing the font to mm seem to solve the issue.
Go to full post
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
zwei

Re: BOM (in asm) not following formatting/template

Unread post by zwei »

After searching around, it seem that the formatting is not linked...
image.png
But i am still wondering what formatting did SOLIDWORKS used when copy the BOM as it does not seem to be using document formatting setting
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
zwei

Re: BOM (in asm) not following formatting/template

Unread post by zwei »

After some debugging and trial and error,
it seem that using [pt] for the font is a bad idea, changing the font to mm seem to solve the issue.