Weldment cut list table

andyfc_3
Answers: 0

Weldment cut list table

Unread post by andyfc_3 »

When I select a column on a weldment cut list table the column property button is greyed out and nothing is shown under column properties in the property manager. When I inserted a weldment cut list table the first time the button worked just fin but then all of a sudden it just got greyed out. Any clues on how to fix this?
Attachments
Column property.JPG
Column property.JPG (14.04 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
Column properties.JPG
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Weldment cut list table

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Can you do a Pack and Go of the drawing to a zip file and post it here? You may need to click on the "Full Editor & Preview" button to post a file.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
andyfc_3

Thanks for the welcome Glenn! I apologize for the late response, I have attached the pack and go of the drawing on this post. I highly appreciate you taking a look at my files.
Attachments
Roll in.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

I'm honestly not sure why the Column Property button is used sometimes and sometimes the PropertyManager. It's baffled me before... :oops:

However, the Property manager displays correctly for me:
2021-05-11 12_21_47.jpg
Make sure your Windows display scale is set to "Recommended". This can cause issues with the PM in Solidworks.
2021-05-11 12_22_28.jpg
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
andyfc_3

Thanks for the reply Mike, my Windows display scale is set to recommended. I reset my SolidWorks settings to the default and nothing has changed. The thing that gets me is this happened suddenly. I inserted a table and column properties worked fine, deleted it, reinserted it and I could no longer modify the column properties. It´s not a huge deal but it is driving me nuts and I wasn't able to find any info about this online.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I should have thought of it when I replied first, but the link to property button is always grayed out when working with weldment cut lists. Why they work so different from BOM's is one of those little puzzles none of us can explain, other than maybe the people responsible for those decisions have never worked with the software and are unfamiliar with other aspects of it, and there's no one responsible for consistency between features.

Now that I have that off my chest, it does show up fine in the property manager for me, just like it's supposed to. I can't explain why it doesn't for you. I hesitate to mention this, because it's a shot in the dark, but it might be a graphics issue. See if anything at https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98 will help.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
andyfc_3

Thanks so much for the assistance Glenn. I don't remember if the button was greyed out the entire time or not, now I'm wondering. I know for a fact that my graphics card is not compatible with SolidWorks but still I have used this software without any mayor issues since 2017 on the same machine. And as I mentioned above, the cut list worked just fine when I first inserted it but after deleting it and reinserting it now the property manager doesn't show the column properties. Most times I fix the issues I have with SolidWorks by myself but this time I cant figure it out. I thought maybe it was my custom weldment profiles so I tried with other profiles inside SolidWorks but the same thing happens. I also made sure that all my file locations were linked properly and tampered with some settings to see if anything worked. Issues like this make me go bonkers.

If anything else comes to mind it would be awesome if you shared, but if not I am grateful for all the help.